Session not being cached after upgrade to 3.0

Feb 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I just updated my apps from FDT 2 to 3.  I'm using the CanvasIFrameMasterPage.  The apps require the user to be signed in.  For some reason the user's login session is no longer being cached.  They can get to the home page okay, but when they navigate to another page, it looks like the toolkit doesn't see a Facebook login session for them and just redirects them to the home page.  Is there something obvious I am missing?

Update: this may matter -- I don't set the ApiKey and Secret in the web config, because the code handles many different Facebook apps; the ApiKey and Secret are programmatically determined and set in the contructor of the master page.

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM

FWIW, my problem seems to be the same as that described in issue 14435.  The code change mentioned at the top of the issue fixes my problem.  It may cause other problems, but it's good enough for now.  I'm surprised to see such a bug in the stable release  -- it seems to make it impossible to do an iframe app, unless you don't require a login, or update all the links in your app to include the authcode.