Using Facebook Data Object Definition/ Access APIs from Silverlight

Feb 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Hi, i've been trying to use Facebook Data Api from my SL app using Facebook Toolkit, but i've been getting exceptions and after reading up on FB API
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Data.createObjectType
i see that for now FB requires requests such as Data.CreateObject or Data.CreateObjectType to be signed using ApplicationSecret key rather than SessionSecret to work. 
Now there seems to be an option to change inside source of Facebook.Rest.Restbase.cs method 

internal string GenerateSignature(bool forceApplicationSecret, IDictionary<string, string> parameters) 

internal

tostring GenerateSignature(bool forceApplicationSecret, IDictionary<string, string> parameters)

{

to be called with forceApplicationSecret set to true, and it logically should generate a signature using ApplicationSecret? But it doesn't, and service still returns an exception 

{Facebook.Utility.FacebookException: This method call must be signed with the application secret (You are probably calling a secure method using a session secret)

Please tell me how to make proper signature so i can use Data API of Facebook Toolkit.