GetPhotos(User) ?

Developer
Jun 22, 2007 at 1:06 AM
Hi all,

I'm working on a project that does a lot of Photo manipulation, and noticed that there is no call in the Toolkit to retrieve Photos based on a user. Is there any reason for this, or just an oversight? It is possible from the Facebook API using the subj_id filter. If there is no opposition, I'll go ahead an add the feature in.

On a related noted, the C# interface for GetPhotos is already a little messy, and will get much worse if I add overloads for another optional parameter (9 overloads). Would we rather have all of these overloaded calls, or change how we pass parameters. We could have 3 "single parameter" overloads (albumid, User, or photoids), and then one call that has all 3. Let me know what you think.
Developer
Jun 22, 2007 at 3:00 AM

swegner wrote:
Hi all,

I'm working on a project that does a lot of Photo manipulation, and noticed that there is no call in the Toolkit to retrieve Photos based on a user. Is there any reason for this, or just an oversight? It is possible from the Facebook API using the subj_id filter. If there is no opposition, I'll go ahead an add the feature in.

On a related noted, the C# interface for GetPhotos is already a little messy, and will get much worse if I add overloads for another optional parameter (9 overloads). Would we rather have all of these overloaded calls, or change how we pass parameters. We could have 3 "single parameter" overloads (albumid, User, or photoids), and then one call that has all 3. Let me know what you think.

Sorry to reply to my own post here...

But I see now why it hasn't been implemented. It's not a deficiency on the part of the Toolkit, but of FQL. We are able to filter by 'subjid' when using the REST calls, but it looks like 'subjid' is missing from FQL. I guess I'm going to have to dig a little deeper for this one...