Canvas page with "Use FBML" option

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:19 PM
Has anyone gotten a canvas page working with the "Use FBML" option? I am working on creating a BasePage that users can inherit from for the Canvas pages. All the canvas pages I have done are iFrame type. And they work fine. But, everytime I try to make a UseFBML type, I get an error after the authentication/add application logic which says that they did not get a response from my callback url. (But if I put the callback url directly in the browser address bar, it works. And it works as an IFRAME)

Does any have success with the USE FBML feature?
Jun 25, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I am using FBML extensively for my canvas pages. No problems. Make sure you strip out any HTML tags that Facebook does not allow.
Jun 25, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Hmm. The sample I tried has almost no html in it. I even changed it so it only had a string no html at all.

No matter what I do, I get an error indicating that (after the authentication process) no response was received from my url. But, as soon as I change to IFRame. The same thing works well.

I am going to try to setup a new app and see if it helps.

Would it be possible for you to post or email me with your app settings and a simple aspx page that you use as your canvas?
Jun 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM

I just set up a new application pointed at my url and it is working.

I will have some samples for everyone later this week.