Possible SetFBML and Mock AJAX anomalies?

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:04 AM
Hi all, first I wanted to say that I found this forum to be very helpful. Readong many of the posts actually answered many of the questions I had for a while and saved me a lot of time.

I wanted to share 2 observations, and I also wanted to know if these are known issues. These are not specific to the ASP.Net Facebook SDK per se, but I figured I would share this nonetheless.

I spent most of today trying to get SetFBML to work and I finally got it to work. For the longest time I had been getting Error 101: "Invalid API Key" from the server, but I am sure that I was using the right key. Then in desperation, I started changing the FBML and the call suddenly worked. So it seems like the server is returning an error out-of-context. Specifically, I had embedded CSS in the FBML and the call failed. After I removed the CSS stuff, the call started working. This is misleading because in the documentation they said that CSS can be used in side <style> tags.

Secondly, I noticed that the Mock AJAX functionality works for Firefox, but does not seem to work in IE7 (the client sends an AJAX network request and the server responds, but the display is not updated). Is this a known issue, and if so, does anyone have a workaround?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
- K.