Initial Version 1.3 Build posted

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:17 PM
I just checked in source, and put the binaries for Version 1.3 in the planned build area.

I was able to address most of the open issues. What I included was:

) Version 1.3 Edit | Delete

Release name is required
Added GetFBML
Added size to Album
Added RefreshRefHandle
Added RefreshImgSrc
Added SetRefHandle
Remove Report References.

I believe there are 2 issues remaining.

Please try it out and let me know if it works.
Jul 12, 2007 at 11:51 PM
FacebookAPI.cs and FacebookService.cs:
Comment for GetFBML() should state "Get the FBML..."
Jul 13, 2007 at 1:00 AM
I'm having some trouble using SetRefHandle.
The error message is: "Input string was not in a correct format."
It doesn't seem to like '{' or '}' characters in the markup.
I'm trying to use it to cache CSS styles.

Perhaps this is related to the following?:
Jul 13, 2007 at 1:45 PM
Have you tried to post the same fbml using setFBML instead of RefHandle?

I am wondering if the issue is in general fbml or something with the way we are encoding the fbml before posting or that RefHandle doesn't handle the markup in the same way as setFBML.

If you could let me know if you are able to post "{" through setFBML, that would save me some time.

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:15 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2007 at 4:17 PM
You can't do it through setFBML either. The issue is that { and } are special characters to string.format, and need to be 'escaped' to and . (Edit: Er, double curly-braces on either side - this site seems to be stripping that out for some reason.)

It'd probably be nice if the functions did that for you before the calls to string.format, but if so, you should note the change somewhere, because it'll break existing stuff.

Jul 15, 2007 at 2:48 AM
I also found that MS Word characters (... and ` and things) will get setFBML to throw the "Input string not in the correct format" error.

Also, what should SetRefHandle return? I can't find anything in the wiki documentation on it. It keeps returning 1 for me, and I assume that's good, but nothing is ever set when I use <fb:ref handle="myhandle" />
Jul 18, 2007 at 2:18 PM
I am going to play around with some of these string.Format issues. And see how I can correct these.

1 should be a successful handle post.
Jul 18, 2007 at 4:44 PM
In addition to replacing the ... and `, I also had to server.urlencode to handle special characters like &copy and the like
Oct 17, 2007 at 7:21 PM
Hey there!

Any idea when 1.3 will be released?
Looking forward to it with great anticipation!