problem with code

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:23 AM
I'm trying to make a simple example app right now where I have a text box and a button and when you press the button it puts what you wrote in the text box in your profile. This is what I have so far...

Partial Public Class _Default
Inherits CanvasFBMLBasePage

Private Const FACEBOOKAPIKEY As String = "3d306ee5b60cd77e8c3e1becb6675b7a"
Private Const FACEBOOK_SECRET As String = "b7ab3bb6869787caefc02a107699f4d3"

Protected Shadows Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
MyBase.Api = FACEBOOKAPIKEY
MyBase.Secret = FACEBOOK_SECRET
MyBase.Page_Load(sender, e)

If (Not IsPostBack) Then
Dim u As Facebook.Entity.User = Me.FBService.GetUserInfo()
End If
End Sub

Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim org As String
org = TextBox1.Text
Me.FBService.SetFBML("Hello this is a test. The name of your input is " + org + "")
End Sub
End Class

I'm a little confused on how this supposed to initially run. I added this app to my profile and when I click on it nothing happens. It just brings up a default facebook page that talks about my app. What am I missing?
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 4:02 AM
What are you clicking on?
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:26 PM
Well, just the link to my app I guess. I don't know how to make the app actually run. My app is hosted at www.digitalraise.com. If I go to that link, i can see it. But I never get there from facebook. Somehow though, it posted "hello" in a smartraise (the name of my app) box on my profile. So I'm confused.
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2007 at 4:33 AM
You should be able to click the link to your app from the application list on the left nav. Also, you should be able to directly enter the apps.facebook.com/yourapp page to access within facebook.