Basic help, unable to get iFrame

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:01 PM
This is very basic and I feel slightly embarassed asking but I'm having trouble getting the iFrame to work via ASP.NET. My code is just the example given in the Clarity documentation. The dll references are included, my callback Url is directing me back to my localhost, a have iframe selected in my developers settings. When I fire the application it directs me to the facebook login, my friends list then appears in a blank aspx page without the iframe. I'm obviously doing something really stupid. Can somebody give me some help.

Many thanks

Imports Facebook
Imports Facebook.WebControls
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic.Collection

Partial Public Class _Default
Inherits CanvasIFrameBasePage

Private Const FACEBOOKAPIKEY As String = "MYAPI"
Private Const FACEBOOK_SECRET As String = "MYSECRET"

Protected Shadows Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
MyBase.Page_Load(sender, e)

If (Not IsPostBack) Then
Dim u As Facebook.Entity.User = Me.FBService.GetUserInfo()
FriendList1.Friends = Me.FBService.GetFriends()
End If

End Sub
Aug 24, 2007 at 7:53 PM

If you run your application from Visual Studio the application will load in the browser without facebook frame.

From facebook you can view your application by clicking the application link on facebook's left navigation.
Sep 3, 2007 at 9:21 AM
Thanks bflood. I was getting a little confused. Just to follow up for anybody else that get stuck at the first hurdle. I uninstalled my test application from my facebook profile, implemented the code in the facebook developer toolkit v1.2 under section 1.2(Web development). Changed the inherits tag from " Inherits page" to "Inherits CanvasIFrameBasePage". Ran my Visual Studio application, and it loaded in the browers with no iFrame. Changed the browers address to my, . Loads in iFrame. Sorry for been simple...