App launched with FBML Toolkit

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:12 AM
Thanks to the wonderful effort put forth, a buddy and I played around with it and got an application working :)

Let us know what you think, or any questions you might have :)
Sep 8, 2007 at 8:08 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2007 at 8:10 PM
plz heeeeeeeelp any resources plz

what s the FBML Toolkit
Sep 10, 2007 at 3:37 PM
it is just this toolkit but I used the FBMLCanvaseBasePage instead of the IFrame one. I do suggest doing some initial work in Iframe first cause it is easier to debug and understand the structure vs Iframe :)
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:20 PM
how can i use FBMLCanvaseBasePage any help in any type im dying
plz help
Sep 11, 2007 at 12:50 AM
Hi Inventis,

I must say that Sport Picks is very well done. The flash is implemented brilliantly.
Any particular reason you chose to implement your core content in flash? Is it difficult to interface a database with flash?

I've have 3 apps done using the CanvasIFrameBasePage and have a few in the works using CanvasIFrameBasePage.
I found the FBML aspect of the CanvasFBMLBasePage really useful and time saving, but find interaction limited, may be the reason you chose to interact using flash?

I look forward to NHL picks...hopefully they will start soon.
Nice work Inventis,

Sep 13, 2007 at 7:13 PM
Thanks Brad for the compliment.

FBML gives us a much needed rapid development process. We were able to easily leverage the existing look and feel in developing the navigation + the bonus we got out of it was the Friends Invite Page which we got up and running in 30 minutes. This can't be done via IFRAME.

But FBML is limiting when working with ASP.NET, a lot of the controls no longer work, and with some other issues. We wanted to give our users one of the best interfaces and experience for doing something really simple. The first thing that came to mind was Ajax, but with FBML we decided to give FLEX a use.

This is our architecture: Flex -> Web Service -> Business Logic -> Stored Procs

Hopefully you can help spread the word and help us gain much needed traction in the crowded space.
Mar 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM
Hi Inventis,

I am using FBMLCanvaseBasePage  to create my application. However it shows "Received HTTP error code 400" when loading my app.
Here is my code, using Visual Studio 2005 and Facebook Developer Toolkit v1.2:

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using Facebook;
using Facebook.WebControls;

public partial class _Default : CanvasFBMLBasePage
    private const string FACEBOOK_API_KEY = "MYKEY";
    private const string FACEBOOK_SECRET = "MYSECRET";

new protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        base.Api = FACEBOOK_API_KEY;
        base.Secret = FACEBOOK_SECRET;
        base.Page_Load(sender, e);

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    <fb:tab-item href=""  title="Home" />

Is there any thing wrong? Or could you please give me a simple working example FBML with ASP.NET code.
I am searching in the forum for quite long time but haven't sort out my problem. It will be great if you could help me. :)

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:41 AM
Hi Inventis,
i am trying form last 2 days . please can u post u r working code here . we are very graceful to you. please post your work code of master page and default page  .

Help Me :)