setFBML - more missing parameters

Oct 18, 2007 at 8:36 PM
As I was looking at Facebook's API doc for the setFBML API call, I noticed that the call accepts multiple parameters:

Few questions regarding this...

1. It appears that the toolkit only allows to pass in a couple of parameters - the markup and the uid (not sure if the latter has been implemented yet or not in the latest version of the toolkit). What about the other parameters such as format and callback (to use JSONP) ? Is this something thats not implemented yet but will be sometime in the future?

2. If these parameters are not implemented in the toolkit yet, can I still use Facebook's version of setFBML and take advantage of these additional parameters? How would I do that? The facebook request object rings a bell, is this the way?

3. According to Facebook's API docs, the api_key, session_key, and others are all mandatory parameters. How does the toolkit pass them in? I looked at the code with Reflector.NET but didn't see it.

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:20 PM
The FacebookService component keeps track of all the mandatory parameters and adds those in automatically (to make it easier for you, of course - we live to serve :-) ).

It's possible that we'll add support for JSONP in the future, but we haven't really looked into that yet, so that would be a ways off. If it's something you'd like to see, add a request in the Issue Tracker, and we may look into it in the future.

By the way, if you want to see how any of this works, make it easy on yourself and just download the source code. That would be a lot easier than using Reflector.NET, and it's one of the many advantages of being open source!