how do mini-feed for only user?

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:57 PM
hi !
can i do send mini-feed and news feed to user's profile page with dotnet in my application for only one User ID?
i will send with this method : FBService.PublishAction("Title", "Body", null,1);
but this Method is send to application's users.
i want send to only one user ??
how can i do ?
thanks...
Developer
Oct 31, 2007 at 7:32 PM
Try FBService.PublishStory. From what I understand, that should only publish a news feed story to the user, and not show it to their friends or the other users of your app.
Oct 31, 2007 at 9:43 PM
but PublishStory not include parameter for UserID
i want to publish feed about my application but only send to one user..

thanks...
Developer
Oct 31, 2007 at 10:40 PM
You'll have to use PublishStory while you're connected as that user you want to send the story to. In other words, you need a session key for that user. I'm guessing that what you'll want to do is set up infinite sessions on your application, hang on to the session key and user id for each of your users, then whenever you need to send a story to a user, create a new FacebookService object, set its SessionKey and UserID properties, and do a PublishStory through that FacebookService. Would that work for you? The problem is, the underlying API from Facebook doesn't take a user ID, so the only way to send a story to a user's mini-feed is to do it while signed on as that user.