api using problem,with c++

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:54 AM
The summery problem is that I can only use the friends.get api, while others will lead to unkonwn methord
By using c++ and a tool named curl, I can visit facebook, get token,session id,and log in. I even can get the friend uid using api facebook.friends.get,for there is example of it. But when I want to get other information, such as groups,using facebook.groups.get, for I find it requires the same parameters with frinds.get, I get the error result:

<code>3</code>
<msg>Unknown method</msg>

Could you please tell me why? And my aim is to get all the wallpost information of my accont, which api should I use please?
I have read the articals in the web, but still in trouble.

Who can solve my problem,please? Thank you very much!
Developer
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:19 PM
Are you using the Facebook Developer Toolkit or .NET? This forum is primarily aimed at people using the Toolkit hosted here, and answering questions about the toolkit itself. If you have general questions about the Facebook API itself, you would probably be better off asking in the forums on Facebook itself (http://forum.developers.facebook.com/).

However, your problem is probably that you're not giving the correct method name when you try to make an API call. In your code for getting friends, you probably have a parameter somewhere with the value "friends.get". To try a different call, you'll need to replace that with something like "groups.get". You may just have a typo in that method name somewhere. Either way, the error message should tell you what you need to know: "Unknown method" means that Facebook hasn't heard of the method you're trying to run, so your method parameter must not be a valid method name.
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:27 PM
Oh, I find that I forget to pass the parameter v=1.0.
It's strange friends.get can work, which mislead me.

Thank you!