V1.5 - FBMLCanvasPage Problem - HELP!

Dec 11, 2007 at 6:22 PM
This is the first time I'm doing an FBML app, though I have done IFRAME apps in the past. The is that when I run the code, I get "Error while loading page from BlobText. The URL URL did not respond." from facebook as if they can't load the page. This kinda makes sense because when I run the code in debug mode (in VS 2005), it lets me know that there's an error and it points to where it is (in other words, the code compiles fine but doesn't run correctly). The error I get is "Facebook.Exceptions.FacebookSigningException was unhandled by user code Message=Incorrect signature Source=Facebook". This error points to the line "base.Page_Load(sender, e);". I have taken this code directly from the examples included in the 1.5 release and it still doesn't work. The following is my code...

ASPX Page:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

<form id="form1" action="Default2.aspx">
<asp:Label ID="lblDashboard" runat="server"></asp:Label>
<asp:Label ID="lblHelloWorld" runat="server"></asp:Label><br />
<a href="http://apps.facebook.com/aspnetcanvasfbml/default2.aspx">Default 2 Link</a>
<input type="submit" value="default 2 submit" />

using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Collections.ObjectModel;
using Facebook;
using Facebook.WebControls;

public partial class _Default : CanvasFBMLBasePage
private const string FACEBOOKAPIKEY = xxxxx;
private const string FACEBOOK_SECRET = xxxxx;

new protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
base.Secret = FACEBOOK_SECRET;
base.Page_Load(sender, e);

if (!IsPostBack)
// Use the FacebookService Component to populate Friends
Facebook.Entity.User u = this.FBService.GetUserInfo();
Collection<Facebook.Entity.User> f = this.FBService.GetFriends();

string s = "";
if (f.Count != 1)
s = "s";
lblHelloWorld.Text = "Hello " + u.Name + " you have " + f.Count + " friend" + s + "..." + this.FBService.SessionKey;
this.FBService.SetFBML("Hello " + u.Name + " you have " + f.Count + " friend" + s);
lblDashboard.Text = "<fb:dashboard><fb:action href=\"http://apps.facebook.com/aspnetcanvasfbml/default3.aspx\">Go to Default3</fb:action></fb:dashboard><br/>";

I have a good idea for an app but this authentication with FBML pages is really really holding me back. Any help you can give is really greatly apprecated.