New Open Source Javascript SDK

Apr 22, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Are there plans to update this toolkit to work with Facebook Connect using the new javascript SDK? If anyone is interested I threw together a quick implementation in C# that works with the new Facebook Connect cookie format. http://www.atlasbay.com/2010/04/21/new-facebook-connect-in-csharp/

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Dude Nathan, you are my new favorite person.. I've been spinning my wheels for a day now trying to make since of this OAuth 2.0 mess.. Your code has totally solved my problems. I realize it's not production ready, but it'll do for now until there's a "real" OAuth 2.0/Graph API for .NET.. Thanks!! Mike
Jul 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM
I am glad you liked it. We are getting really close to having it production ready and adding a few new features to it. Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions.

Best,
Nate

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Hiawatha <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dude Nathan, you are my new favorite person.. I've been spinning my wheels for a day now trying to make since of this OAuth 2.0 mess.. Your code has totally solved my problems. I realize it's not production ready, but it'll do for now until there's a "real" OAuth 2.0/Graph API for .NET.. Thanks!! Mike

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Just curious, is this something that's gonna build off of the Facebook Developer Toolkit, or will this be a stand-alone library for OAuth 2.0? It seems like this functionality should just be built in to FDT, rather than having to use different code to read the 2.0 cookies and "mock up" a session.. The thing I learned today is there really needs to be a fully featured, fully supported .NET library for interacting with Facebook :)
Jul 15, 2010 at 4:06 AM

We are building our project out to support all aspects of facebook development on .net. we are trying to build something that supports all the current facebook apis and is easy to use and learn.

On Jul 14, 2010 9:54 PM, "Hiawatha" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Just curious, is this something that's gonna build off of the Facebook Developer Toolkit, or will this be a stand-alone library for OAuth 2.0? It seems like this functionality should just be built in to FDT, rather than having to use different code to read the 2.0 cookies and "mock up" a session.. The thing I learned today is there really needs to be a fully featured, fully supported .NET library for interacting with Facebook :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacebookT...

Jul 15, 2010 at 5:40 AM
Well I can definitely be a beta tester when you need one..