fb:multi-friend-selector wont fully render

May 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Hello all, I have run into a really frustrating problem that I am sure an experienced fb developer knows a simple solution too. I am developing an iframe fb app and I was experimenting with rendering FBML tags through the use of the XFBML fb:serverFbml tag. I literally copied the example from the wiki page directly into my code,

<fb:serverFbml style="width: 755px;">  <script type="text/fbml">

<fb:fbml> 

<fb:request-form action="<url for post invite action, see wiki page for fb:request-form for details>" method="POST" invite="true" type="XFBML" content="This is a test invitation from XFBML test app

<fb:req-choice url='see wiki page for fb:req-choice for details' label='Ignore the Connect test app!' />  " > 

<fb:multi-friend-selector showborder="false" actiontext="Invite your friends to use Connect.">  </fb:request-form> 

</fb:fbml> 

</script> 

</fb:serverFbml>

In the XFBML test console this renders perfectly, however, when I try it on my app, you can only see the top part of the friend selector...it is just cut off, it seems like it operates but there is just a layer of whitespace over top the selector that is preventing me from viewing it. This also happens for any XFBML/FBML tag that is large. My code i think is correct because I can load any XFBML/FBML tags I want, just some wont show up fully so I am not sure what it is.

My canvas callback and connect urls are the same : http://big-red-sports.appspot.com

This is for a final project in school and I would appreciate it if anyone has had this problem and solved it and can help me.

Thanks!

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Hi mam498

I have the same problem, did you get the solution? Please let me know because I need it ASAP.

Cheers