CanvasFBMLLoginControl - error creating control

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I have inherited a FB application in ASP.NET that uses the CanvasFBMLLoginControl and I'm having some problems with the control.

When the page loads, I get a Facebook.Utility.FacebookException: Invalid parameter error.  The detail shows the markup to render the control.

<cc2:CanvasIFrameLoginControl  ID="CanvasIFrameLoginControl1" RequireLogin="true"  runat="server" />

I go to the page in question (a master page) and see the following error in the design view of the page.

Error Creating Control - CanvasFBMLLoginControl1

Session must have application key and secret before logging in.  To set them in your web.config, use something like the following: <appsettings><add key="Apikey" value="YOURApiKey" /><add key="Secret" value="YOURSECRET" /></appsettings>

Looking at the control, I can't see where or what the missing parameter is.  Has anyone encountered this before?

Aug 12, 2010 at 2:39 PM
Yes, i have this problem right now. I have debug until request is created, and all parameters are forwarded correctly to facebook login. If You have resolve this issue, please tell me how. If You don't, i will post answer as soon i get it. Thanx, Vlado
Feb 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I have same issue! 
Strangely, I have SAME code, on same hosting server and  it's working OK.
The only difference is API key an Secret in web.config 

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM

I found it!
Just after posting this post, i run through Facebook application settings, and found a differences.

Probably Facebook changed their default settings for applications, here are settings that work for me:
http://tk-osmica.hr/fbappsettings.jpg