user status no longer able to be read

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 11:09 PM
I have an app that instructs the user to go and generate a permanent session key once the app is installed. For the last year, using this toolkit I've been able to pull in their facebook photo, as well as their status. All of a sudden a few weeks ago the status stopped appearing. The photo still comes through though... can someone help me decipher the issue? Below is a code snippet of what I'm doing. What would cause the code to be able to pull in the photo but not the status? Dim _fbService As Components.FacebookService = New Components.FacebookService() Dim sessionKey As String = usr.tblPeopleFacebooks.FirstOrDefault.PermAuthCode Try _fbService.ApplicationKey = apiKey _fbService.Secret = secret _fbService.IsDesktopApplication = False _fbService.SessionKey = sessionKey Dim startuid As Integer = InStr(sessionKey, "-") Dim uid As String = Right(sessionKey, sessionKey.Length - startuid) Dim p As New Schema.user p = _fbService.users.getInfo(uid)(0) litPostit.Text = p.status.message & "." imgProfile.ImageUrl = p.pic_big Catch ex As Exception Elmah.ErrorSignal.FromCurrentContext().Raise(ex) lblFacebookProblems.Visible = True lblFacebookProblems.Text = "There's a problem with your facebook settings." & ex.Message & ex.StackTrace End Try
Jul 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM
okay why the heck isn't this retaining the formatting on the code that i copied and pasted?