need some help with basic functions

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Hi, im really new in Facebook development.

I have some questions:

First of all I know some basic stuff , like connecting to facebook and getting my friends.

Im looking for some help in getting one of my friend's friend's.

For example if I have 30 friends which one of them is called "Greg Ch",and his uid is 3445(just for the example) then I would like to get all of his friends(since he is associated with me I think I do have permission for that).

Another question that I have is when i get all of my friends as users(which have lots of properties) why cant I get there email's using the email property(which is always null even if the user didn't hide his mail).

And do you guys have any idea why some of the propertys lake information? lets say i have 30 friends and I get them all as "Ilist<user>" when I go through them all some of the friends have a null "birthday" property even though when you manually approach there profile there is a birthday published.

Why is that?

Thanksfor the help :).

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:09 PM
For both your questions, the answer is that, you'll not be able to access these information programmatically. Friends of friends was never possible. Profile Info that is displayed to everyone(public profile, without even logging in to FB) is the only thing that is accessible for friends of the logged in user. Someone please correct if I am wrong.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM, new <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi, im really new in Facebook development.

I have some questions:

First of all I know some basic stuff , like connecting to facebook and getting my friends.

Im looking for some help in getting one of my friend's friend's.

For example if I have 30 friends which one of them is called "Greg Ch",and his uid is 3445(just for the example) then I would like to get all of his friends(since he is associated with me I think I do have permission for that).

Another question that I have is when i get all of my friends as users(which have lots of properties) why cant I get there email's using the email property(which is always null even if the user didn't hide his mail).

And do you guys have any idea why some of the propertys lake information? lets say i have 30 friends and I get them all as "Ilist<user>" when I go through them all some of the friends have a null "birthday" property even though when you manually approach there profile there is a birthday published.

Why is that?

Thanksfor the help :).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email FacebookToolkit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Cheers,
Gopi Krishna. L

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
                                   -Ralph Waldo Emerson