Users dashboard page

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:29 PM
Hi once again

This is a follow on from
I've got soo many questions but I am going to keep it to these for the moment. I really appreciate anyones help.

Once the user has completed the quiz in my app, I would like to be able to add an area to the logged in users dashboard. I think get the Canvas pages and understand how to add more pages to this, but I haven't a clue how to start on the dashboard area.

What I would like to display here is an image depicting the users result in the quiz, for this I would need to know what the users result is (can the result be stored in the users profile somewhere or would it need to remain on my SQL database?). Would this area be dynamic i.e. look up the users score each time or would it be static and be created/updated at the point the user completes the application?

Again I appreciate any help you guys can give
Mar 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 11:08 AM
by dashboard, do you mean the bit at the top of the canvas page? or do you mean the profile box on the users' profile?

if you mean the users profile box, you need to first understand the app. architecture, in that the FBML for the profile box is set using the api, and stays cached on Facebook's severs until it is replaced with new FBML.

have a read of and especially .

you can use the api call SetFBML to set FBML on the users profile box when they finish the quiz, and have it display their score. you can then use GetFBML to retrieve existing data, and you could feasibly use this to get their previous score if you wanted. (although it may be wise to store it on a database somewhere too)

edit: or ?
I guess the info I just gave is not much help for that :) if this is the dashboard you're talking about, you'll have to store all the data you need in a database somewhere.
Mar 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM
damnations why does this doublepost all my posts?
Mar 5, 2008 at 9:16 AM
Hey Zeus

Nice name! Thats my rottweilers name!

Just wanted to thank you for clearing this up for me. I did mean the profile box - so I guess I will be using SetFBML to update,

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM
no problem :-)