Status of 2.0 Version

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:29 PM
Facebook has started converting people over to the new profile. I see 2.0 is in Beta, but the info page says you're waiting for feedback before going any further.

Where does it stand now, and does it currently work with what Facebook in the new profile? Specifically, does it implement the new API calls that allow me to create FBML for the tab pages, and does it support the new wider canvas pages?

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Check out the home page,  I've updated the status of 2.0
Aug 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM
I don't want to seem overly critical and please understand I am just excited to use the new functions for publishUserAction and registerTemplateBundle, but... I was just looking at the code in the 2.0 release candidate, and it really seems like the new APIs related to template bundles and publishing via a template bundle id are just stubs.  Why is this being labeled an "RC" when the code is not written yet?  Is this necessitated by your contract?  Can you help us understand?

//TODO: Feed.publishUserAction
//TODO: Feed.registerTemplateBundle

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:08 AM

Congrats on finding the 1st bug of the RC!  I wish I could say that we didn't get to this because a cool excuse of our contract or not enough of time, but this really falls into a case of "oops, missed that one".  We made a todo, but never got back to doing this one.  I'll log this one as a bug.

Thanks for taking a look at the RC.  Please keep the feedback coming.
Aug 1, 2008 at 5:04 AM
There's been a bunch of discussion on this in another thread recently:
Aug 28, 2008 at 2:49 PM
feed.RegisterTemplateBundle is now included in the 2.0 kit. Still can't find feed.publishUserAction in the 2.0 release. Will this be coming soon, or do we have to hack it with the actual FB API string?