User guide updated

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:38 AM
The User guide has been updated for 2.0.  The goal of this guide is to help new developers getting started with the toolkit.  If you see anything that is missing that could help new developers to the toolkit, please help the rest of the community by editing it and sending me a copy, or request developer access and I'll happily add you.

Aug 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM
As much as I'd love to be able to edit the documentation and send it too you, I've only started using the toolkit today, so I may be completely misunderstanding things.

Here are a few possible errors that I've found
  • dll's have been renamed, in documentation they are called Facebook.WebControls.dll and Facebook.Controls.dll, but when I downloaded the binaries, they were facebook.web.dll and facebook.desktop.dll
  • Both the IFrame and FBML Canvas Development sections are now wrong.  Because of my lack of experience it's difficult to be more precise, but some possible errors include (as above) the dll's being incorrectly named; reference to methods that no longer exist (I believe there was another post about this) such as base.Page_Load and FBService.GetUserInfo() (actually FBService in it's entireity seems to be gone).
Like I said, I'm afraid I don't have enough experience to correct the errors, but since I'm going to be playing around with this tomorrow as well, if I manage to figure things out, I'll let you know.