Auto Login for C# Desktop Application

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:56 AM
I am developing an application for Windows Mobile that needs to access Facebook.  I am able to do everything that I need to do quite easily using the Facebook.Compact library except authentication.

Every time that I start the application, the user is forced to sign in to Facebook even when they click the remember box.  I would like to have them sign in once and I remember the AuthToken and SessionID and do an Auto Login thereafter.  I do this quite easily for Flickr for example.

I have tried various combinations of saving and restoring the AuthToken, the UserID and the SessionID as well as fbAPI.ConnectToFacebook() and fbAPI.CreateSession(AuthToken) but I do not seem to be able to discover the right way to do this.  Each attempt gets an error like Invalid Signature or Invalid Parameter.  I see lots of documentation for the case of ASP be I cannot find how to do it with a desktop Windows Mobile application.

Can anyone please point me at the right place to learn how to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Dick Heuser
Oct 4, 2008 at 2:30 PM
For a recent discussion of this see - http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=22389