Facebook app on asp.net 2.0

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:03 PM
Noob here with a Noob question so please be nice. 

Can I run facebook apps off my asp.net 2.0 website?  I code my site with VStudio 2008 but the site itself is still in .net 2.0  I really do not want to upgrade to 3.5
Developer
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:36 AM
You can still use the 1.7 version of the FDT, which doesn't have quite as many features (and some things may not work with Facebook's API anymore), but a fair amount of it does still work, and it's compatible with .NET 2.0.

Unfortunately, right now FDT 2.0 is only compatible with .NET 3.5. It was a tradeoff we made in order to be able to keep up with the changes from Facebook more quickly. In the future, there's a chance we'll look into finding a way to make it 2.0-compatible without losing our adabtability, but for now you'll have to use .NET 3.5 if you want to use the most recent version of the toolkit.
Nov 22, 2008 at 10:53 AM
where can I download this version?  and are there any source samples to start with?
Developer
Nov 22, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Go to the "Releases" tab, and there's a menu on the side of the page where you can choose the various versions. There should be documentation, examples, etc. there as well.
Jun 27, 2010 at 2:22 PM

I have the same requirement.. Should I use Version 1.7 or is there any other compatiable version you released?

Thanks,
Ansar