Facebook app on asp.net 2.0

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM
Noob here with a Noob question so please be nice. 

Can I run facebook apps off my asp.net 2.0 website?  I code my site with VStudio 2008 but the site itself is still in .net 2.0  I really do not want to upgrade to 3.5
Nov 22, 2008 at 12:36 AM
You can still use the 1.7 version of the FDT, which doesn't have quite as many features (and some things may not work with Facebook's API anymore), but a fair amount of it does still work, and it's compatible with .NET 2.0.

Unfortunately, right now FDT 2.0 is only compatible with .NET 3.5. It was a tradeoff we made in order to be able to keep up with the changes from Facebook more quickly. In the future, there's a chance we'll look into finding a way to make it 2.0-compatible without losing our adabtability, but for now you'll have to use .NET 3.5 if you want to use the most recent version of the toolkit.
Nov 22, 2008 at 9:53 AM
where can I download this version?  and are there any source samples to start with?
Nov 22, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Go to the "Releases" tab, and there's a menu on the side of the page where you can choose the various versions. There should be documentation, examples, etc. there as well.
Jun 27, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I have the same requirement.. Should I use Version 1.7 or is there any other compatiable version you released?