IFrame Invitation...

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:54 PM
I have an IFrame facebook application that I am trying to add invites to. I have seen various examples but I can't get any to work. I was able to view the FBML in the source but it never rendered.
My application does all of its work from a single page (default.aspx) and simply substitutes user controls as the workflow progresses. So if I need to redirect I want it to be done in a similar way - perhaps I could add an invite friends button that does a Response.Write...
I have a few ideas about what is going on:
  1. FBML is not allowed with HTML. (It would be nice if there was an API to handle this for the IFrame apps out there since I don't wish to convert to an FBML at this late date)
  2. I may need to use something called "force_mode=FBML" in the query string.
  3. Posting FBML code in the forums appears to be unreasonably difficult which makes it hard to find examples.
  4. This example from the WIKI doesn't seem to work, even when not enclosed in Form tags...

<p>Invite a friend to use this application...

<fb:request-form action="default.aspx" method="POST" invite="true" type="MatchMaker" content="You have been invited to the MatchMaker application. <% = Server.HtmlEncode("<fb:req-choice url=\"http://apps.facebook.com/whoisidahomm/default.aspx/" label=\"OK\" />") %> " >

<fb:friend-selector showborder="false" actiontext="Invite your friends to use this application." />

<fb:request-form-submit />

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:54 PM
look through the forum, someone posted a working example, in vb of this. a few months back