How do I install this?

Apr 29, 2009 at 1:56 AM
I'm an absolute beginner.  I'm using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.  I've downloaded the source files and binary files.  Now....

How do I install this???

Do I need to place it into some folder or is there an additional file I need?

PLEASE HELP!
Apr 29, 2009 at 9:35 AM
Hi

I don't use 2008 but I have done this in 2005 so maybe the process is the same: 

• extract the DLL files from the binaries.zip in to a folder of your choice
  • in Visual Studio open your new or existing project, go to the references section in the Solution Explorer, right-click and select "Add reference", then browse to where you extracted the DLL files and select them all, then hit the add button. 

This will give your project access to all the code entry points inside the DLL, and also copy the DLLs to your project's BIN folder.

From there you should be able to reference the toolkits many menthods etc.

Hope this helps

Lee
Apr 30, 2009 at 1:34 AM
I can't find "Add Reference".  However, I did go to "Choose Toolbox Items" under Tools and browsed for the .DLL files that way and added them.  I don't know if this is the right way to do it or not but I was able to add them into my applications.  Thanks for helping though.

*You should go download 2008.  Microsoft provides the express editions for FREE.  SP1 for 2008 is out also.
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Hi,

i am using VSWeb Express 2008 with VB and can't add the facebook service to my toolbox... just doesn't seem to work.

For the facebookweb.dll i don't have any problems.

Anyone has the same ?
Apr 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM
I have the same problems.  It was nice to have this kind of package available...but with no instructions!  Hoping some professional will give us a hand...
Apr 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM
I have used both VS2005 and 2008 so I cant say much about Express.

Go to the properties of your project. Then there should be a references tab where you can add references.

Facebook service is only available for desktop applications. 

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Im using vs 2008 pro.  I can add to my toolbox, but when I drag in component its greyed out and says it can't load it.

Also, in beta, there are only 3 files... is that correct?