Release schedule

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:06 AM

The 3.0 release sounds exciting. I'm anxious to start using the Silverlight version. When is the release planned for?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM

End of July

Aug 31, 2009 at 6:08 AM
rpowers119 wrote:

End of July

It is end-of-a-month-after-July.

Any idea when the 3.0 release will be seen? I too am considering doing a little silverlight FB app.

Is the trunk stable enough and feature complete for Silverlight 3 use?

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Sorry for the delay.  The 3.0 release has included a bunch of input and participation for Microsoft and also will include a new section on the MSDN.  So, the schedule needed to be coordinated.  We are very close and you should see the content posted in the next 2 weeks.  In the meantime, the DEV branch of source control is pretty stable and available for use.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I too am very keen to get hold of v3.0! Will the release realistically be in one or two days, or several weeks?

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM

The current plan is to release this week.  It will be next week at the latest.  Just waiting on the go ahead from Microsoft at this point.

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Just wondering if you have a new target release date for 3.0? I'm getting ready to jump into my first facebook application and figured I'd wait and start learning with the new version.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 7:16 PM

The current plan is end of this month.  The delays have been with MS marketing.  Hoping we can post it sooner, but right now it is looking like it is still 2 weeeks away.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Please consider using interfaces for these calls.  I have been checking out the latest code, and having to update it.  Not to add functionality, just to extract interfaces so that I can test my controllers. 

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Any chance you have some updates to the source?

Specifically, this issue?

http://facebooktoolkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=14435

IFrame apps are pretty unuseable without a solution for this one...

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM

2 weeks have almost come and gone.  Is there any update to the release schedule?  I have had issues getting the source from svn and no luck in getting an answer in the discussion boards (see http://facebooktoolkit.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=73642).  I'm assuming that this is because everything is waiting on the 3.0 release.  I've downloaded the latest source code package and patched it locally for my purposes but it's frustrating to not be able to connect to the repository or get any answers on the discussion board.  When is the 3.0 release scheduled?  After that release, will you be keeping up with questions on the boards more frequently?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM

plan is this week.  Hopefully as early as today.

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Thank you for the update.