base.Page_Load(sender, e); problem!!

Aug 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Hello, I am new at developing FB apps, and I started using this toolkit v 2.0, and then switched to v 2.1. Now the problem is this: I follow the documentation on creating IFrameCanvas page and according to it I should write base.Page_Load(sender, e), but it doesn't exists!!! What is the problem???? Where can I find this method? Should I use it, or is there another way???

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Documentation is as always outdated :) You should not to use Page_Load method anymore on version 2.1.

By the way, you can look at my user controls library for Facebook. It is not free but you will spare really lot of time

and make your code much cleaner and easier to maintain. You also have demo app which explains how to use each

of components:

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Yes, I've realized that I shouldn't use base.Page_Load in 2.1. I've also realized that the documentation is the worst in the world. I've seen your Visual toolkit and it looks pretty good but for now I don't need it because the project I'm working on is not that serious (it's something for university). Anyway if I continue to develop FB apps in the future I will seriously consider about buying your user controls!