Mockable version of facebook toolkit

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:29 PM

This is a fantastic project, and I really appreciate all the effort that has gone into this.  I do have one request though.  For those of us into TDD/BDD, mocking and whatnot, it's pretty tough to use the toolkit as it currently stands, because nothing is interfaced.  It's a pretty easy change, which I'm doing directly on the source, but everytime you release an update, I have to redo it.  Is there any chance that the various classes could be interfaced in v3? 

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I incredibly second this. It makes life MUCH harder for us unit testers ( also called actual, professional developers ) and is a very easy change. At the very least, make the members virtual.

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Could one of you please make this an item in our Issue Tracker, if it's not already there? That's what we use to keep track of these sorts of requests. Thanks.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Created! Go vote:
Issue: Mockability

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Would it be at all helpful if I sent someone the changes I've made?  I downloaded the changeset at 37335, and put a wrapper in from there.  It's located here:

You should be able to check the commits to see what all I did.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Yeah, that might help. For now, just add a comment to the issue that mattasjex created with that same info, and then we'll be able to find it when someone goes to work on this issue. I can't guarantee that we'll use that code (especially since I haven't looked at it yet), but it'll probably at least help us to get a look at how one person would like it to work.

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Also, let's move any further discussion of this issue into the Issue Tracker. Again, anything dealing with these changes we'd like to make are much more easily tracked there than in the forums.