FacebookAuthorizationAttribute issue with user does not allow a requested extended permission

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I have a working FB app using MVC and the FDT3.0.  I have stumbled on a problem that I suspect is a bug with the FacebookAuthorizationAttribute.   In short, decorating an action method with the FacebookAuthorizationAttribute works wonderful IF the user accepts the permission.  Consider the snippet below.

[FacebookAuthorization(IsFbml = true, RequiredPermissions = "publish_stream")]

What happens when a user visits the app for the first time, they are presented with the allow access dialog then the permissions prompt.  If the user clicks allow, the app continues on to the original page (more on why thats a problem in a sec).  If the user clicks on Dont Allow,  the dialog goes away, but then it comes back.  this is becasue the nexturl parameter is being set to the calling page which in turn creates a dreaded infinate loop until the user clicks Allow.

I have implemented a workaround but I wanted to post here just in case I am not using the api correctly or this is indeed a bug that should be addressed.