VB.Net FaceBook newbie question - getting FBML into page?

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I'm developing my first FB app using Visual Studio 2010 and VB.net.  Downloaded the FB toolkit.  I'm not well versed in .Net developer.

Desired: I'm looking to allow the app to save records into a SQL Server db that I host elsewhere.  My grid works and gets data ok.

I'd like to simply display a few records (for now) and allow a button to allow the user to enter more entries and essentially track some activity with dropdowns.  But if by the end of the weekend I can get records displayed withing the FB framework that would be great.

1 - Is there a simple VB.Net FB app I can learn from?

2 - how do I get the FB look and feel to show up? 

3 - And the required FB controls to show up on in my Toolbox?

I've got the Facebook.dll and Facebook.Web.Dll registered however don't see them in the toolbox

Here's my main page so far:

<%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="vb" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" AutoEventWireup="false"
    CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication3._Default" %>

<asp:Content ID="HeaderContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeadContent">
<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
        WhimpKiller, Baby!
        To learn more about ASP.NET visit <a href="http://www.asp.net" title="ASP.NET Website">www.asp.net</a>.
        <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
            DataKeyNames="UserActionID" DataSourceID="WhimpKillerSQLHostedExternally">
                <asp:BoundField DataField="UserActionID" HeaderText="UserActionID"
                    ReadOnly="True" SortExpression="UserActionID" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="UserID" HeaderText="UserID"
                    SortExpression="UserID" />
                <asp:BoundField DataField="GroupID" HeaderText="GroupID"
                    SortExpression="GroupID" />
        <asp:SqlDataSource ID="WhimpKillerSQLHostedExternally" runat="server"
            ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:whimpkillerConnectionStringLocal %>"
            SelectCommand="SELECT [UserActionID], [UserID], [GroupID], ORDER BY [UserActionID] DESC">

Imports Facebook
Imports Facebook.Web

Public Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

End Sub

End Class

Here's what I have been following that is for C# but quite helpful: http://www.siccolo.com/Articles/CodeProject/Facebook/facebook-application-development-1.html

Thanks in advance