Facebook toolkit 2.0 RC2 is ready for consumption
We just released an updated release candidate (RC2) of 2.0 today. The goal of this release is to give the new API to our existing community so that they can begin consuming it right away. Included in this release is
1. The new facebook toolkit API that leverages Linq2XSD for parsing and entity objects
2. MSTest Unit tests for each method along with Test lists for every major functional area.
a. Note: Some of these tests fail, but this is because some of the API’s from facebook are in beta themselves. (This means we’ve actually tested every method in the toolkit and know that a method works or doesn’t)
3. A desktop application demonstrating consuming the new API.
4. Documentation for all methods, created by Sandcastle.
5. IFrame and FBML Sample applications demonstrating using the new toolkit and facebook profile features.
6. An updated getting started guide.Notes
1.Please get your hands dirty within the next week with this release. Clarity will continue working on this release in the upcoming weeks. (As facebook finalizes and fully rolls out the updated profile changes). We will continue to monitor discussions and field any bugs/feature requests, so get your feedback in soon so that your voice is heard.
2. If you plan to contribute to the project, you’ll need to install LINQ to XSD http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam/archive/2008/02/21/linq-to-xsd-alpha-0-2.aspx
to get the facebook api project to compile.